Friday, June 27, 2014

Snapshot of Camp - Interview with Mikey - Rustic Warrior June 22-27, 2014

Snapshot of Camp
Mikey - Rustic Warrior Camper


Tell us about yourself
My name is Mikey and I am 13 years old and I am at Grace Adventures Rustic Warrior camp. And this is my first year here.

Why did you want to come to camp for the first time?
I thought that it would be a great place to be able to share my faith with others.

What have you guys been doing this week?
We hang out and have fun while we study the Bible. We have been studying Samson and had a lot of fun doing it. We have had some really cool people come in teach us.

What's the best part about studying the Bible this week?
We have a great time while we learn. It's not like school where we sit at a desk all day and I almost fall asleep.

What was your favorite activity this week?
There is a lot of stuff we do! We went paintballing a couple times, the battle barge, and tubing was really fun.

Did you make any friends this week?
Oh yes! Some of the guys in my tribe are like already brothers to me. It's no question that we will be keeping in contact after camp.

What has been one of the best things about being at camp?
Just being away from electronics. I know that it is kinda weird to hear a teenager say that, but, I mean, when you are caught up in electronics all day every day you are not experiencing the fun of being in nature.

What has God been teaching you this week?
To trust in Him. He will help you do the right thing when you are in situations.

What have you learned about being a Man of God this week?
That you have to sacrifice yourself sometimes in order to do the things that God wants you to do. Like there was a big baseball tournament this weekend, and I play baseball, but it was worth it to miss that and come here.

What would you tell others that are thinking of coming to Rustic Warrior camp?
That it is one of the most fun places to be while you are studying the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment