Let me give you a glimpse at what this weeks looks like at 2100 N. Ridge Road.
- Saturday: Host 2 church groups here for a weekend retreat, one paintball group that played for 6 hours, a 4-H group that spent the weekend at the ranch working with the horses and cattle and host a board meeting.
- Sunday: Wave goodbye, close up and clean!
- Tuesday - Thursday : Welcome 100 6th graders, here for a 3 day overnight experience. They will be going boating, teambuilding to work on communication and problem solving, pellet guns and archery, orienteering, going to the Lighthouse, high ropes and much more!
- Friday: Welcome a math tournament for 245 participants and 2 other groups.
- Saturday: All day summer workday where we will be putting in the blob and waterfront, painting the Treasure Room and setting up Leadership Island.
Like I said, BUSY! That doesn't even capture the meetings, paperwork, and summer preparation we're in the middle of.
Sometimes, I have the tendency to get caught up in being "busy." I rush from place to place, accomplishing task after task but never stop to look around. Usually, I feel like this guy.
Yes, we're busy. But let me tell you what's GOOD about being BUSY.
- In the past 6 days, we've had the privilege of impacting 524 people with Jesus Christ on our grounds alone.
- Summer staff and other volunteers are arriving to help support us in this busy time and their excitement, joy and enthusiasm for the upcoming summer is contagious!
- God's answers to prayer are evident as we continue to search for summer staff, volunteers, resources and facilities. He always provides in a perfect way.
- Our team is able to laugh, work, play and celebrate together.
- We've been able to add another full-time staff member, Jenny Schlukebir to work in development.
When I get caught up in feeling overwhelmed like I'll never accomplish all the tasks on my list or when I start to grumble and feel like I'm just toiling away, I remember these verses:
What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him.
What about you? Do you get lost in the busy-ness? Find satisfaction in working and working hard. After all, it's for the Lord we work.